Project name: Moving Forward + with CashBack for Communities
Age range: 12 – 24 years
Number of Young People Project expects to work with: 175
The programme is aimed at autistic young people who are: aged 12+, from Glasgow and refusing school; or aged 16-24, from West Central Scotland and furthest from the labour market. We will help young people realise their potential by reducing social isolation, building confidence and resilience before supporting onward transition to positive destinations in particular reaching autistic young people who are most at risk of entering the justice system. The programme will consist of the following stages:
- Initial Assessment: We will meet autistic young people, hear their views and clarify support needs.
- Other Options to Meet Immediate Needs: Where a young person needs alternative support, we will assist that individual to access relevant services.
- Preparation: Up to eight group workshops covering; autism and social confidence, anxiety management and careers. Previous participants will provide advice on areas such as bullying, exams, relationships and transitions. We will offer team building events and visits to workplaces. One to one support and longer term mentoring from our volunteer mentors is also available for young people who express a preference for this.
- Placement: Young people who would benefit from work experience can undertake part time placements, for up to eight weeks.
- Progression: Young people will receive up to ten weeks’ support to identify and apply for their preferred positive destination.
- Social Groups: In addition to the above stages, school refusers will have the opportunity to attend our fortnightly social groups, providing an opportunity for ongoing engagement within a supportive and structured setting.
Areas where the project will be delivered: The project will be delivered from a Glasgow hub to autistic young people from:
Clackmannanshire: Alloa South & East
East Ayrshire: Altonhill North & Onthank
East Dunbartonshire: Hillhead, Kirkintilloch West
East Renfrewshire: Dovecothall, Thornliebank
Falkirk: Bainsford & Langlees, Camelon East
Glasgow: Possilpark, Carntyne West & Haghill, Parkhead West & Barrowfield, North Barlanark & Easterhouse, Drumchapel North, Govan & Linthouse
Inverclyde: Port Glasgow, Greenock
North Ayrshire: Ardrossan, Saltcoats
North Lanarkshire: Clintonville, Craigneuk Wishaw, Motherwell South
Renfrewshire: Paisley Ferguslie, Paisley North
South Ayrshire: Ayr North Harbour, Wallacetown and Newton South
South Lanarkshire: Burnhill and Bankhead North, Whitlawburn and Greenlees
Stirling: Cornton, Raploch
West Dunbartonshire: Balloch, Faifley
Children’s Rights and Wellbeing Impact Assessment
Please find a link here to National Autistic Society Scotland’s Children’s Rights and Wellbeing Impact Assessment (CRWIA) in respect of this CashBack for Communities project.