Project name: CashBack Schools of Basketball
Age range: 11 – 17 years
Number of Young People Project expects to work with: 408
The CashBack Schools of Basketball (CSoB) will target four Schools within Local Authorities with the highest levels of deprivation and crime. It will recruit 16 young people (YP) into each school based on risk factors including SIMD, care experience and localised knowledge from the local authority, school and pastoral care. Each CSoB will be led by a staff member who will work with school staff to ensure their contribution adds value to in-school support for the YP. The CSoB has five key themes that run throughout the programme:
- Attendance at four basketball sessions per week, aimed at increasing physical skills and health, positively impacting on attendance and attainment within school
- Individualised Development Planning support: one-to-one support to develop plans and support YP to overcome any barriers
- Mental Wellbeing: in partnership with SAMH, we will increase YP understanding of and attention to their own and others mental wellbeing
- Skills Development: CSoB will support each YP to gain additional skills and SCQF qualifications to enhance opportunities for YP to reach positive destinations
- Community Development: the programme will work with the YP to develop and deliver projects which have a positive impact on their community
Through their attendance on the programme each YP will increase confidence and resilience, make positive life choices, improve attendance and attainment at school, gain qualifications and skills, improve physical and mental wellbeing and positively engage in the community.
Areas where project will be delivered:
- Glasgow: Lochend Community High School, St Andrew’s RC High School, St Mungo’s Academy
Children’s Rights and Wellbeing Impact Assessment
Please find a link here to Basketball Scotland’s Children’s Rights and Wellbeing Impact Assessment (CRWIA) in respect of this CashBack for Communities project.