Project name: CashBack – Towards New Futures
Age range: 16 – 24 years
Number of Young People Project expects to work with: 144
A bespoke employability programme that re-engages people with offending backgrounds into the community and supports their aspirations towards a sustained positive destination, including the labour market, by giving them the confidence, resilience and skills required. The Foundation will also delivery employability workshops and information sessions in HMYOI Polmont, HMP Addiewell, HMP Greenock and HMP Barlinnie.
- Engagement – Utilising the hook of football, club and other stakeholders to engage participants within a fast-moving individualised project that enhances confidence, motivation and self-esteem by providing them with the skills and experience required to re-engage positively within society.
- Health & Wellbeing / Fitness – A learning environment that allows young people to thrive and reach their potential by providing appropriate physical and mental health support through accredited fitness / coaching sessions and mental health first aid.
- Formal Accreditation – Participants will greatly enhance their employability pathway and CV by achieving a variety of formal and industry recognised awards (including utilising the Foundation’s SQA Centre status), as well as gaining vocational work experience exposure and improving their soft and core skills.
- Post-Course Destination Support – Participants will have continued support during and after (aftercare) the course duration to help them achieve their bespoke aspirations towards a sustainable pathway including employment, further education / training and volunteering. The Foundation will utilise its current partners to support this process
Areas where project will be delivered:
The Foundation will be working in partnership with four prison establishments (HMYOI Polmont, HMP Addiewell, HMP Greenock and HMP Barlinnie), as well as the Govan Thriving Place, to target and support a variety of candidates who either reside (or will on release) within a variety of SIMD areas.
It is anticipated that participants from the following local authorities will benefit:
- Glasgow (Govan, Ibrox, Drumchapel, Easterhouse, Parkhead, Milton, Possilpark)
- Renfrewshire (Paisley Ferguslie)
- Inverclyde – (Greenock Centre, East)
- North Lanarkshire (Motherwell North)
- South Lanarkshire (Hamilton Burnbank Central & Udston