Project name: Includem ADAPT for CashBack
Project Period: 2020 – 2023
Age range: 10 – 15 years
Number of Young People Project expected to work with: 250
An early intervention, one-to-one support service for young people aged 10-15 years on the edges of offending, delivered in West Dunbartonshire. Young people were able to engage in one-to-one support in their community with partner support brought in to address need, combined with significant backing to strengthen intergenerational family relationships.
- The project aimed to promote sustained self-esteem and confidence for young people and their families, mitigating the potential impact of trauma experienced up to that point.
- Young people were supported in the development of consequential thinking which enables them to make positive decisions and become a valued part of the community.
- Young people were supported to recognise their triggers for offending behaviour and through building their self-esteem, empathy and confidence reduce the risk of continuing offending behaviour.
- Parents and carers were supported in developing their relationship with the young person, therefore further reducing the risk of continuing offending.
- Includem ADAPT for CashBack aimed to work closely with Police Scotland, Social Work statutory services and community-based partners.
The service was provided within the young persons’ community and at times that meet their needs. All young people and carers were to have access to the Includem ADAPT for CashBack helpline 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. The project aimed to engage with community resources and other service providers so that young people and their families work towards becoming successful contributors and responsible citizens.
Areas where project was to be delivered:
The service was to be provided in West Dunbartonshire with emphasis on those localities with highest need.
Children’s Rights and Wellbeing Impact Assessment
Please find a link here to Includem’s Children’s Rights and Wellbeing Impact Assessment (CRWIA) in respect of this CashBack for Communities project.