Project name: Includem ADAPT for CashBack
Age range: 10 – 15 years
Number of Young People Project expects to work with: 250
An early intervention, one-to-one support service for young people aged 10-15 years on the edges of offending, delivered in West Dunbartonshire. Young people will engage in one-to-one support in their community with partner support brought in to address need, combined with significant backing to strengthen intergenerational family relationships.
- The project will promote sustained self-esteem and confidence for young people and their families, mitigating the potential impact of trauma experienced up to that point.
- Young people will be supported in the development of consequential thinking which enables them to make positive decisions and become a valued part of the community.
- Young people will be supported to recognise their triggers for offending behaviour and through building their self-esteem, empathy and confidence reduce the risk of continuing offending behaviour.
- Parents and carers will be supported in developing their relationship with the young person, therefore further reducing the risk of continuing offending.
- Includem ADAPT for CashBack will work closely with Police Scotland, Social Work statutory services and community-based partners.
The service will be provided within the young persons’ community and at times that meet their needs. All young people and carers will have access to the Includem ADAPT for CashBack helpline 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. The project will engage with community resources and other service providers so that young people and their families work towards becoming successful contributors and responsible citizens.
Areas where project will be delivered:
The service will be provided in West Dunbartonshire with emphasis on those localities with highest need.