Link Up is a partnership between Inspiring Scotland and ten local charities in ten areas across Scotland.
The 10 areas are geographic communities that are more often defined by the problems they face. However, the starting point for Link Up is the assets in the area and in particular, the existing strengths of individuals, families and the community.
As at March 2013, Link Up projects together had engaged nearly 4000 participants and 300 volunteers
in 55 different activities, including sports, arts and crafts, food and cookery and environmental activities.
The 10 local areas Link Up works in partnerhip with are:
- Gorbals, Glasgow – working with Crossroads Youth and Community Association,
- Possilpark, Glasgow – working with North Glasgow Housing Association,
- Larkfield, Greenock – working with Actin for Children,
- North Motherwell – working with New Opportunities Project,
- North West Kilmarnock – working with East Ayrshire North Community Federation,
- Whitfield, Dundee – workign with Scottish Association of Mental Health,
- Gallatown, Kirkcaldy – working with Kirkcaldy YMCA,
- South East Alloa -working with Hawkhill Community Association,
- Leith, Edinburgh – working with Bethany Christian Trust,
- Muirhouse, Edinburgh – working with Muirhouase Youth Development Group